12 bedroom Chateau, sleeps 24 with Pool
Chateau offers the charm, refinement and luxury of a château with all the comforts of the 21st Century and the convenience of major transport gateways within a reasonable distance.
This magnificent estate of 8 hectares is surrounded by forest and parkland full of poplar trees and woodland with bi-centenary trees. The historical Epte River meanders its way through the grounds where the majestic château stands proudly. At the entrance of the estate a charming hamlet greets guests – the keeper’s cottage, the fisherman’s cottage on the banks of the river (which accommodates 4 guests) and an adorable hen house for fresh eggs.
Recent years have blessed the château with the care and attention of its owners; architects and interior designers with an eye for tasteful renovation and decoration, who have carefully transformed it into their much-loved home. The result is 1200sqm of refined living and sleeping space.
All 10 elegant and individual bedrooms over two floors all have ensuite bathrooms/shower rooms and beautiful views over the parkland and river. Tucked away beneath the château and expertly carved out of the rock foundations is a spectacular indoor heated pool with sauna, shower room and bar.
Tennis, walking, cycling, river-boating and amateur fishing are all possible on the estate. On its doorstep, there are plenty of magical sites to explore – châteaux, abbeys and medieval villages. This area takes visitors through some of France’s most beautiful historical events.
This stunning estate will provide tranquillity and peace in an elegant and private setting framed by lush parkland and a romantic river. Your own private paradise guaranteed to create the fondest memories.
Enjoy the charming and beautiful landscapes of the Vexin Normand as well as its plethora of historical sites including the Gisors (7 km) and Andelys Fortresses (32 km), the chateaux of Boury (18 km) and La Roche Guyon (38 km).
A Casino and thermal springs can be found at Forges-les-eaux (41 km), whereas further afield you can visit the beaches of Deauville (150 km) or the Cliffs of Etretat ( 140 km).
The area is also a haven for sports lovers, with several golf courses, horse-riding clubs and a lot more all within a short driving distance.
If you have a yearning to host your wedding in a secluded romantic fairy tale castle, this is the place for you. Enveloped by forest, this château has its own Rapunzel tower as well as the river Epte, an inspiration for Monet and Pissarro, meandering gracefully through the grounds. Here is picture book charm and modern luxury alongside historical elegance in a château brimmed full with splendid furnishings, antiques, paintings and candelabras. There are so many magical event settings to choose from, ranging from an intimate reception in the tower to a larger group on the sweeping lawns of the glorious grounds.
There is a preference for events of up to 60 guests. This venue has, however, the ability to host up to 200 people in which case the reception would take place outside in the grounds. Alternatively, up to 50 people could be seated for a reception in the hall, up to 18 guests in the dining room of the château or up to 12 for an intimate reception in the château’s tower.
Dancing is able continue at any of the locations, with the same capacities as for the reception, with music continuing as late as you like with no noise restrictions.
The wedding ceremony can take place at any of the reception/dancing locations.
Where to Stay
Up to 24 guests are able to sleep in the château and there are a range of hotels and gites within 8km of the property where remaining guests could find accommodation.
The owners can supply details of local transport firms.
The clients may arrange their own wedding planner at this château.
The owners are happy to supply as much help as possible to provide local contacts for the suppliers but do not carry out any of the planning or organisation themselves.
The owners can recommend caterers or the clients may arrange their own.
The owners request that they should approve suppliers being used at the event.
Marquee hire is strongly recommended.
Please note that any event rental may be subject to additional charges, venue hire fees and to a higher security deposit, which will be in addition to any published rental rates and fees. All events are on request only and subject to prior agreement from the owner, who reserves the right to refuse all events without their prior authorisation.
The Château - 20 pax (10 ensuite bedrooms)
The Fisherman's cottage - 4 pax (2 double beds)
- Well-equipped kitchen with pizza oven, two stoves, Nespresso machine, dishwasher and dining area
- Main dining room (mainly Renaissance style) with decorative fireplace and dining table (420X160cm) and Regency chairs for 18 guests
- Hall with guest toilet
- The blue salon (mainly Louis XIV and XVI) with two sofas and a library with books, DVDs, DVD-player, flat screen TV, Hi-Fi
- The red salon (mainly Louis XVI & XIV and Napoléon III) with two sofas, four Regency armchairs and a Persian rug
Lower level indoor pool and ‘spa’ area (accessed via corridor on ground floor)
- Heated indoor pool carved out of the rock foundations with Jacuzzi section (approx. 8m X 5m, max. depth: 1.7m)
- Large shower
note: for safety, the pool area is locked (keys are provided)
- Corridor with sofa
Mezzanine level with staircase to the second floor
- Small sofa
- Central bedroom with four poster, Emperor size bed (200 X 220cm) and ensuite bathroom with bath (2m x 1.2m) and walk in shower
- Bedroom ‘Patrick’ with King size bed (160 X 200cm) and ensuite bathroom with bath (2m x 1.2m)
- Bedroom ‘Junior’ with small double bed (120 X 200cm) and ensuite bathroom with shower
- Landing with guest toilet
- Bedroom ‘Jean Louis’ with Emperor size bed (200 X 220cm) and ensuite bathroom with bath (2mx1.2m)
- Bedroom ‘La Chinoiserie’ with King size bed (160 X 200cm) and en-suite bathroom with bath (1.8mx1m)
- Bedroom ‘La Hublot’ with King size bed (160 X 200cm) and en-suite bathroom with bath (1.8mx1m)
- Bedroom ‘1925’ with King size bed (160 X 200cm) and en-suite bathroom with bath (1.8mx1.9m)
- Bedroom ‘La Venitienne’ with King size bed (160 X 200cm) and bathroom with bath (1.8mx1.9m)
- Bedroom ‘La Miroir’ with King size bed (160 X200cm) and bathroom with shower (1.2m x 0.8m)
- Bedroom ‘l’Africaine’ with King size bed (160 X 200cm) and bathroom with bath (1.7m x 0.8m)
The Fisherman's Cottage Interior
- Mezzanine with 2 double beds and a bathroom with walk in shower
- Tennis court
- Washing machine
Security deposit: €8000 to be paid via bank transfer at least one month prior to arrival and to be refunded within one month after departure.
Arrival time: 4.00 p.m.
Departure time: 11 a.m.
Linen & towels included?: Yes, including pool towels.
Changeover day: Flexible
Minimum stay: 7 nights - short breaks on request only and may be limited to wedding/event bookings.
Energy costs included?: Yes
Pets welcome?: No
Smoking Allowed?: No
Heating costs included?: Yes
Changeover day: Flexible
Pool heating charge?: No
Maid Service Included
- Type: Appartement
- Personen: 24
- Slaapkamers: 12
- Badkamers: 11
- Roken toegestaan: ja
- Huisdier toegestaan: nee
- Directe bevestiging
- Gemiddelde score: 4.1/5